A huge howdy from Fountain, Colorado!
>
> Sorry about last week, I didn't really have a P day because I was on my way to Colorado Springs. Well I'm here now and doing awesome. The Fountain area is a really good place to start your mission due to the amount of rejection and acceptance there is in this area.
>
> But firstly lets address my last couple of days in the MTC. Where to start? Lets start on Saturday. So my district(which was by far the best district in the MTC) decided to attempt the tower challenge. This is where you eat an entire tower of cereal. Easy enough right?! WRONG!!! There we were coasting through the tower, with like 2 bowls left the person in charge of the cafeteria comes over and stops us, precedes to write our names down and then, with fire about to come out of her mouth, KICKS US OUT! Yep that's right, we got kicked out of the cafeteria. Makes you real proud huh, Mom?! :) On the bright side, our branch president didn't reprimand us but instead bloated that his district did it in 10mins and didn't get kicked out. So yeah that is defiantly gonna stick with me for a long time.
>
> Okay, now lets fast forward to my first day in my area, cause nothing else happened in the MTC. The first day we(Elder Peel and I) got there it was really hard to figure out anything. We flushed this area and the other companionship didn't leave any notes or list of investigators or anything. So we're kind of shooting blind here in Fountain.
>
> The Other day we went tracting and we came across this one guy whos name was, I kid you not, Flip Chuck! Holy Henna was he crazy. He served in Vietnam and was convinced he was a prophet called by God himself. He told us things like how the government was being taken over by Russia and that it was legal to behead people in Georgia and stuff along those lines. The thing I'm about to tell you about what he said creeped me out the most. He told us that he received revelation and because he was doing that the government was shooting his groin area with radiation. So much that he has to get his like lower body amputated. Wow I know you guys like to made a jokes about losing brain cells but I defiantly feel like I lost some talking to him.
>
> Being a missionary is not as hard as people made it out to be. The hardest part is going up to people and talking to them. But thats just because of my personality. Besides that It's really fun. We went over to a recent converts house for dinner on Friday and just by getting to know them and hearing what their lives were like without the gospel I consider myself very lucky to have been raised the way I was. But at the same time I dont know any other way. I think hearing the stories that they told me and how much their lives have changed is almost foreign to me because for my whole life I've lived with this LDS lens over my eyes to where I barely saw how rough it was for "normal folk" or people without the gospel. Their testimonies have easily surpassed my own because they know what it's like on both sides of the coin. They know the world and they know the gospel.
>
> Today marks my 19th birthday! Man it feels like just yesterday I was 18. HAHAHA! I Hope all is well back home. As for the concerns told to me, Tell Hannah to breathe. Struggling on the first day of school is normal. It happens to everyone including yours truly. I just know how to hide it very well. I strongly recommend reading Mosiah 24:12-17ish. I think this should help her.
>
> O holy night! Nathan's wedding is coming up! They are defiantly teasing me by having it in Denver(which is about 5mins outside my area) but I wish him all the luck in the world. Likewise to Tirsa! I spent practically 18 years with that guy. I don't know how shes gonna make it all eternity. But I hope their wedding is a good one.
>
> Well thats all for now. I hope everything works out for you guys this week. Till next week.
> God, and mans, humble servant
> Elder Grandon
> #wwjdwasp
> Below is a picture of my district, my zone, and pre-lockout tower challenge



No comments:
Post a Comment