>
> In 3 days it marks my one month being out in the field! Man how time flies! It feels like just yesterday I was at the mission home wondering who my companion will be and where I'll be going. I guess time really does fly when you're having fun!
>
> This past week has been just like last week. ZOOM and it's P day already! I do remember quite a few more events then last week though.
>
> This past week the biggest thing that happened was Richard! Oh boy is he a ball of laughs! He's like an older Kevin Hart. Sooooooooooo funny! We visited him twice this week. The first time we visited him it was because we got a notification that he requested a Book of Mormon but had never gotten it. That was way WRONG! In fact he had gotten one, read it several times, met with 4 or 5 different companionships of missionaries, and been to church a handful of times. He told us that he knows the church is the true church but is afraid to tell his wife cause she hates Mormonism for some reason. They don't go to the same church already and she's ok with him going to any church BUT ours. So we talked to ward council about him and they told us to "befriend him first, Then get his wife to trust us, then start converting them." so that's what we're doing. the next time we "accidentally" bumped into him we were going on a "run" and saw him working on a bench in the front yard. We stopped and talked for a solid hour and a half and the funny thing was, we had no intention of bringing up the gospel, but he did! I think we're cracking through his shell. As we were leaving he promised to come to church soon. Elder Peel and I stopped, turned around and pointed at him and said "That's a promise, so we'll see you at church!" He started dying laughing because we had the same reaction. He's a good dude and needs to be baptized. He told us that he's a happy dude but when he sees us he gets a little sad because he feels/knows he's missing something. We're baptizing him within this transfer. I'm calling it right now!
>
> I tell you what... Fridays are continuing to be my favorite day. Every week we get invited to come watch the local high school's football game. It makes me miss Friday night lights but it also keeps the fire burning for college game days in two years. I can't wait. After the game we always go to the park cause every Friday there's a roping competition. If you don't know what that is, it's when a bunch of people with horses get together and rope cows. That probably doesn't make any sense, but just know it's a fun event to watch and participate in. A member saw us there and offered dinner and a horse back ride this upcoming week. So let's just hope he doesn't cancel!
>
> Recently we were invited to join in and pray for people that are effected by suicide or are struggling with suicidal behavior and mental illness. I invite all to participate in this! It has humbled me every time I pray for these people. It has effected my friends back home and even some people in my ward. I invite everyone again to join me in these prayers.
>
> I hope everything back home is going well! I pray for you guys and all missionaries around the world every night!
>
> Humbly yours,
> Elder Grandon
>
>
No comments:
Post a Comment