> Howdy!
>
> This week felt super short. But then again at some points it felt super long. Not a lot happened this week, but I do see on Facebook that Ivan is really happy to be out! It defiantly is a once in a lifetime experience that I'm glad I could take part in. I know it'll change my life for the better!
>
> As I've been out for 2ish transfers(which I know isn't that long) but I've really grown a deeper respect and love for my parents. I kinda knew how much they did but know I realize how much they actually for me. Defiantly should've shown my love way early to them!
>
> Like I said earlier not a lot happened this week. One of the biggest things is the miracle of our investigator Nicole. You may remember me mentioning her before. She was this really open-minded mother of 6 kids. About 2 months ago she had sent us a text and basically told us she was still interested but just needed some time, for some reason. So we had kinda forgotten about her. Then this week on Tuesday I had the prompting to go see her, we had a bunch of appointments that day so we agreed that we'd try to get to her but if we couldn't we would wait till Wednesday. The urge kept coming back to me so I turned the car around and went to go see Nicole. We would be late to one of our appointments but when you get the same prompting like 3 or 4 times it's kind of hard to ignore it. We knocked on her door and figured out she had been having a pretty hard time due to the choices of some people. She then listened to a portion of President Eyring's "Mountains to climb" talk given back in 2012 I think. It hit her hard. She started crying a little and Elder Peel and I both say that and about started because 1.) Eyring is super good at forcing the spirit onto you and 2.) The spirit was so powerful at that moment! We both bore testimonies on that talk and she agreed to meet with us tomorrow because, in her words, "If this is what you guys teach then I want to learn the heck(She did say something else, but it's ok. Well tell her about it tomorrow) out of it!" I can see the joy she wants in her life and the gospel can defiantly do that!
>
> The other thing that happened this week was we finally got an investigator to church! Which hasn't happened in Fountain in like 3 years! His name is Juan. I wish I had a cool story to tell of how we had found him but the APs found him a while back but he just moved into our area like last month. We hadn't seen him at church yet so we called him on Saturday evening and asked if we could help get him to church. He said he had planned on coming this week but needed a ride. Phhhhhh A RIDE, we can get you 20 rides to church! We called some people and like 2 minutes later Juan had received the news that he'd be getting picked up at 8:30 for church. When he walked in Elder Peel and I were sooooooooo ecstatic. It was kind of embarrassing. 2 grown men acting like little primary children, but we didn't care! Juan was at church and that was all that mattered! That day we piloted the new 2 hour church cause a huge winter storm had hit and Bishop wanted us to be safe and warm at home so it was kinda weird for us and Juan but he said he was coming next week so he'll experience what we do for 3 hours. Anyways, we asked him after church today how he liked it and he was super joyful and said he'd never felt something so different but so right before. Umm yeah we're different but it's definitely a good different.
>
> Well that's really all from Fountain. I hope y'all have a great week and feel the spirit mucho! It really is a gift from our loving Heavenly Father
> Stay fresh till next week,
> Elder Grandon
> 1.) Our train tracks in the snow
> 2.) A dope person who said forget thanksgiving and decorated for Christmas
> 3.) Me being me😅 (Go OU)



No comments:
Post a Comment