Monday, November 5, 2018

Fwd: Transfer 2! 16 more to go

Howdy everyone! 

     This week not a lot happened so it my letter won't be too long. This week is transfers, and Elder Peel and I are both staying in Fountain! Long live the Ginger Comps! We are, however, getting 2 new elders into this district! One is going and taking Elder Butterfield's place in Mesa Ridge and the other is taking Elder Tyre's place in Security! So welcome to the new Elders! 

     This week, like I said, not a lot happened and I'll tell you why later! But the only thing that really happened, happened on Tuesday when we went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was up in Sand Creek with Elder Fenn. While we were tracting after a really early dinner we stumbled upon a member who served his mission in Springfield, MO! It was super cool to meet someone who actually knew where I grew up and also happened to serve there! The first name he told me was, of course, Shanklin! That's just a testament of how fun He really was! After that he said he served in what use to be the 3rd ward for like 6 mounths and I was just so giddy cause that was my ward before they shifted the boundaries and renamed everyone! He studied my badge for a long time trying to figure out if he could remember my family. I finally showed him a picture of my Father and as soon as he saw that a huge smile came over his face! He remembers 2 things about the Grandon's, 1.) We were his favorite family and always had them over for dinner and 2.) Our homemade pizza! He went on for like 10mins about how that was by far his favorite meal of all time on his mission! So Mom, Dad I know it was a long time ago but do you guys remember an Elder Bolander who served way back in 2004 in Springfield? If you do that's awesome! 

     That was really the only thing this week! When we were driving from Sand Creek back to Fountain that night we got a text saying that Elder Peel had eaten something bad or something like that and was super sick. We tried going tracting on Saturday but he had made like little to no improvement and his face was as white as snow so this week has been super boring. He at least has color back in his face today so we're going to try basketball and everything else we usually do on P day!

     Well that's really all from Fountain! I hope y'all have a fantastic week! Thanks for all the prayers! 
   --Elder Grandon 

No comments:

Post a Comment