Monday, July 15, 2019

A Long Time Coming

> Howdy everyone! Sorry it's been such a long time since you've heard from me, I guess I haven't written for 6 weeks because I would just call home and that would be it.
>
> A lot has happened these past 6 weeks. I got transferred to Pikes Peak YSA and it's defiantly different than any family ward I've ever been in. We don't really get fed that often but the members are still cool. We actively teach 5 returning members and that alone is a lot to plan for and then add on investigator lessons and service and before you know it, it's the transfer. My companion is Elder Kim. He's hecka cool. He came from LA and is one transfer away from returning. Unfortunately he is getting transferred to Castle Rock so I don't get to kill him off. I've served around him when I was finishing up training so him and I were already good friends. My new companion is Elder Whitted. I've never served around him or even heard of him but I've been told that he's pretty cool. I get him tomorrow so yeah.
>
> Last month I was able to head to the Temple as a "halfway" milestone. I haven't actually hit a year yet but because the temple will be closed from July-October my group got to go early. I tell you what, going to the temple as a regular person is already like a spiritual wave but as a missionary its amplified by like 1000! The spirit was so strong I felt like Lehi. I about fell asleep driving home. That much spirit is amazing but MANNNN it sure does ware you out. It's crazy to think I went to the Temple over a month ago. I feel like I was just there. Time really does fly on a mission.
>
> Speaking of time, next week I hit a YEAR!!!! That's so crazy. I feel like I just hugged my Family and reported to the MTC, but I guess not. HA HA HA! I'm a year away from being a college Freshman, I'm a year away from seeing my family again, I'm a year away from seeing my best friend, AKA my dog Hercules, again! He probably doesn't even remember what I look like LOL!! It truely does speak for how special missions are. Sure they sound like a long time but then you realize you have 7 transfers left and you kind of question how you got here. I love this opportunity to set myself aside and serve the people here. My football coach use to say "Leave it all out on the field so much so that I have to carry you off to the locker room! I will gladly drag myself out there to carry you off!" I think that's gonna be my moto for this year. "Leave it all out in the field". Jesus will provide strength. I know that from personal experiences.
>
> Finding in any YSA ward is extremely difficult. It's not that we have problems finding people but the fact that we have to find people that fit into specifics is hard! We've found several people who are golden people but because they're married or has a child or is over 31yrs old we eventually have to pass them off to the elders or sisters in that area. We cover 9 family wards but have to find YSA people within those boundaries and if we don't then we gift those missionaries with referrals. Elder Kim and I have become pros at sending referrals. It's defiantly hard but I wouldn't want it any other way. If it was easy everyone would do it.
>
> Well that's really all I got. I hope you all CONTINUE to grow your faith and LOVE for our Savior, Jesus Christ! Have a fantastic week!
> Elder Grandon
>
> Pics:
> I've been studying the P.O.S. a lot this week
> A really cool burger place in my area that has 2 grilled cheese sandwiches as the buns for the burger, it's called Crave Burgers
> When we went to the park to contact😂

No comments:

Post a Comment