Monday, August 5, 2019

YSA :)

>> Howdy! This week was full of adventures and fun times.
>>
>> Firstly, this week we got the chance to go to the Air force Academy to teach one of our recent converts, Bryan! This guy is so awesome!!! He is in the middle of training right now and still wanted to meet with us. He told us his conversion story and both of us were blown away by how prepared this young cadet was for the gospel. We taught him the first New Member Discussion and his testimony on the prophet, the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith...etc was so incredibly strong! After the lesson he told us that classes started this week on Thursday but still offered to take us on a tour of the Academy! We of course obliged so we are going on a tour next Sunday after church. I think I'm most excited to see the chapel while it's being used.
>>
>> This week we also had Zone Conference. Its incredible how much I can learn from President Stevenson! I think it's extra fascinating because everything he's ever said and will ever say I've read in the scriptures or in Preach My Gospel but always seem to be, for lack of a better term, blank minded when he brings stuff up! I caught myself saying "I don't remember reading that" or "where is that?" a number of times but now that I think about it afterwards I can remember exactly where everything is. He's definitely a man called of God. I'm sad because he goes home 3 weeks before I do but he has served very faithfully so he deserves a vacation!
>>
>> One miracle we saw this week when we were looking for someone who had been previously taught, we bumped into someone who is seriously prepared for the gospel. We knocked on his door and asked is this girl lived here. He said no but then stepped out the door. My initial thought was that we were about to defend our religion, but I could not have been any more wrong! Instead he came out and started talking very respectfully towards us. We later figured out that he had been on this lifetime search for something that could give him any sort of comfort or peace. We told him that we teach about God and how to strengthen your relationship with him to obtain the peace and comfort he was looking for. All of the sudden he opened up to us about his past experiences, times he's felt alone and some other stuff that is gonna be kept between my companion and I. We talked for like an hour and a half answering his questions and concerns then closed with this... (Let's say his name was John) "Well John you seem to be a religious guy and a firm believer in Christ. I do not believe us being here was an accident in any way. You've expressed your feelings about everything you've been through and how you were looking harder than ever at this time to find truth and ultimately peace in this life. I don't think my companion and I were just placed in this area for no reason. We help people like you to find peace in this like and in the life to come. I'm a firm believer that there are no such things as coincidences. You just happened to move in here 3 weeks ago and replace this other person on the same journey as you. We just happened to be led to this complex for the first time in a year. That is no coincidence. God has placed you here to be found by his restored church and by his missionaries. He works in funny and mysterious ways and I think this is one of them!" We then bore some, if I do say so myself, powerful testimonies on God's plan for us and families, and left him with 2nd Nephi 2(basically answers "why bad things happen to good people") and left him. He's such an open minded person and promised us he will read the chapter and text us his thoughts and feelings.
>>
>> Well that's really all I have for this week. I hope y'all have a fantastic week and continue to grow your FAITH in our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ.
>> Elder Grandon
>> Pics:
>> The Air Force Academy
>> Testing out some features on my camera😂
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment