Monday, December 17, 2018

Ending transfer 3

>
> This week was good! We had our Christmas Zone Conference and a lot of success in tracting.
>
> First off, this week we have transfers. Elder Peel has been called to be a zone leader in the North stake. He's kinda nervous because him and another Elder are flushing the area and neither of them have been zone leaders before, but I know for a fact they'll do great! Also I got my wish! Christmas in Fountain! As Elder Peel transfers out I'm the senior companion and get to lead the area for probably one more transfer. I am getting 2 new companions. Elder Morril I know very well. He was in Mesa Ridge and got transferred within the district. Literally he got transferred to an area 5 minutes away from his last one. My other companion is Elder Westwood. I've been told he's a super chill guy, very easygoing, and is a great missionary. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow at transfers.
>
> This week Elder Peel and I were getting pretty tired of tracting, so we did a creative finding activity in a local park. We made a boatload of hot chocolate and handed it out in the park, all they had to do is tell us what Christmas meant to them, then we'd bare our testimony and hand them a Book of Mormon and their cup of hot chocolate. We couldn't go about this by ourselves so we called up Mesa Ridge and Security and got a bunch of people who said they'd come to the special sacrament meeting on the 23rd. While some Elders were doing that an Elder from Security and I challenged some guys to a game. If they one we'd walk away, if we won they'd come on the 23rd. We of course won because "every mormon is good at basketball!" as one of them said once he figured out we were members of the church of Jesus Christ. I know what you're thinking, "they'll never come just cause they got beat in basketball." well they actually gave us their phone numbers and addresses and told us to come by before then(the 23rd) and remind them. Hopefully this means they've been prepared for the gospel. One can only hope!
>
> On Thursday we had our Christmas Zone Conference. We talked about Joseph Smith for the most part. My admiration for President Stevenson grew so much while he was teaching us. He is a fantastic man and a future 70(I'm calling it) there's no way a man that spiritual isn't gonna become a 70 of higher. He's truly a man of God, and I love that he's my president. Anyways, after we were taught we had a party. The food, like always, was super good! After lunch we had an ugly sweater contest. Our district did things a little differently. Elder Peel was Santa(cause he was the district leader). I was Rudolf, the other Elders were other reindeer, and the sisters were elves. We went to Walmart and got these ridiculous onesies but it was worth it. We won so I can't really complain! All-in-all it was probably the best day this week!
>
> That's really all for this week. I hope y'all had a fantastic week and have a wonderful Holiday season. Just remember, without Christ none of this would be possible. I thank him everyday for his sacrifice and for his love for me.
> -Elder Grandon
> 1.) The Squad
> 2.) Because of Z.C. we had to wash our car
> 3&5.) The Elders
> 4.) Our awards
> 6.) The outfit before we found the right one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment