Monday, December 10, 2018

Makin' Spirits Bright

>
> This week has flown by. I don't know why I act so surprised, every week goes this quick. Anyways, this week was awesome. We had a great week!
>
> Firstly some bad news. Our golden investigator, Juan, is going to other churches now:( We met with him on Tuesday and he told us that he wanted to try other churches to see if the feeling he got while attending our church is universal. Sometimes I wish I could just pick him up and shake the heck out of him while telling him "it's not universal. You feel good cause God has prepared you for this church!" Unfortunately I can't do that, and I think that would push him farther away from entering into a covenant with God. We're still meeting with him and teaching him but he's just trying other churches, for now. He will be baptized I know that for a fact! It will just probably not be while I'm here in Fountain. You never know tho. God works in mysterious ways.
>
> This week was full of many hours of tracting, and not a lot of success. In total we probably tracted for about 20-25hrs. Thursday was defiantly the longest day of this week, tracting wise. That's what happens when you have like no appointments. But I know that by us showing the Lord that we are willing to do that much work then he will bless us with people.
>
> On Thursday we had dinner with a family that's pretty cool. After that we stayed for like an hour playing basketball with their kids and friends. While we were playing their ball popped on a nail so we had to use ours for the rest of the game. The next day I felt like we should go buy them a new ball so they could keep playing. So we did so and left it on their porch with a bow. Then on Sunday, one by one, the boys came up to us and asked if we had bought them a new ball. Elder Peel and I had agreed that when they ask that we would act shocked and say no. It was really funny to see their expressions when we said that. I'm fairly confident no one in that family knows we did that. But we could see the joy on their faces as we drove by on the weekend and say them playing basketball!
>
> Saturday was the ward Christmas party. I've never felt so homesick before! The whole thing just screamed home to me. We, of course, were the judges for like everything. Best dish, best dessert, best gingerbread house, ugliest sweater, and so on. It was a very fun night! I should've bought an ugly sweater on Monday but I will today for Zone Conference this Thursday.
>
> Before I close I want to shout out my little sister, Hannah. She turned the big 16 yesterday! HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! Don't wreck my car to quickly! HAHAHAHAHA nah I'm just kidding I know you'll be a great driver. Just don't girl-out my car too quickly:) Love you little sis!
>
> Also thank the ward and the seminary classes that sent me the packages this week. Defiantly warmed my heart and gave me a taste of home!
>
> That's really all for this week. I hope y'all have a fantastic week! Love y'all!
>
> Elder Grandon
>
> 1.) The stocking recieved from the seminary class
> 2.) The box from the ward
> 3.) The ward Christmas Party gym
> 4.) The dessert table
> 5.) The best looking, but not really tasting, cake

No comments:

Post a Comment