Monday, December 3, 2018

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

> What a week! A lot of spiritual mumbo jumbo stuff happened! It was pretty cool.
>
> Firstly, we met with Juan on Tuesday and he wanted to push his baptism back so he could grow his faith. We're still meeting with him and sending him some scriptures and conference talks about the importance of baptism and stuff like that. He still has that fire in his eyes and in his soul but I think he's scared of the future.
>
> Skipping forward to Saturday. We were invited to help the Blethen's pick up trash near their apartment. We were picking up trash from like 9-12, then they treated us to Dickey's Barbeque. It was soooooooooo good! I missed Dickeys. I may or may not have made like 2 root beer floats in that giant cup! I was so full.
>
> Later that night we had the first of our 2 Stake Confernces. The visiting General authority was Brent K. Taylor. If you remember him, he gave a talk entitled "Am I a child of God?" He came and the talk he gave was so good! Then on Sunday we reorganized the Stake Presidency and Bro. Hinton got called to be the second counciler. The best part about that is we were at his house about 3 weeks before this meeting and said he'd be called to the Stake Presidency and his exact words were
> "Nah brother, don't put that on me!" After the meeting we went up and he lit up with this big smile. He'll do great I know he will!
>
> Well that's all for this week! I hope y'all will participate in Light the World I know it'll change the world. I have a strong testimony in this program. It really does influence people.
>
> Hope y'all have a fantastic week! Love from Fountain.
> Elder Grandon
>
> 1.) Dickey's food
> 2&3.) Root beer floats
>

No comments:

Post a Comment