Monday, January 21, 2019

Flown by!

> This transfer has flown by! I feel like it was just the other day, I was at Aeroplaza picking up Elder Morrill and Westwood, but in reality that was 5 weeks ago! It's crazy how fast this transfer has gone. If it continues like this it won't be long before I'm back home giving my homecoming talk. And that is really weird to think about!
>
> On Tuesday we had Zone Conference. We talked a lot about the goal we set for 80 souls to Christ(80 baptisms) for the months of October to December last year. We ended with 34, which isn't a bad thing by any means but when they set that goal in MLCs the spirit was so undeniable. President talked a lot about how they set that goal knowing it was a stretch but having full confidence we could achieve it. I love that mans! He shared this experience, "After we set that goal of 80 souls to Christ, I saw no difference in the key indicators, and that's why I believe we didn't reach our goal. Not because any of you Elders or Sisters didn't contribute but because we didn't see any progress. Now just because we didn't hit it doesn't mean miracles weren't wrought in the CCSM(Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission) we had 12 people who weren't on date when we set this goal, be put on date and baptized! There were miracles." After he closed his opening remarks we split off by district and went through 5 different stations and got to break down our teaching and improve it. I really appreciated this because the more solid we can teach with the spirit the more our key indicators will increase and the more they increase, the more people we can bring unto Christ. All-in-all Zone Conference was and always will be lit!
>
> Also this week we recieved a list of people our bishopric wanted us to stop by, see if they live there, or try to get in to teach the discussions to. We really worked our tails off and got that whole list done in a day and a half. I know it doesn't sound that impressive but the sent us like 100 names, each of them with different need! I happy to announce that because we challenged the bishopric to do that we added close to 20 people to our teaching pool, which is AWESOME! Hopefully when they said come back on this day and this time, they'll actually be there. That happens a lot to us and it's kinda frustrating but we can't force anyone into heaven sooooooooooo yeah!
>
> Well transfers are in a week from tomorrow. I have a strong feeling I'm leaving my beloved Fountain because I've been here for 6 months, and that's a long time in one place for a missionary. I don't know where I'll go but it'd be nice to train. I think that'll be really fun. I'd be a dope trainer! But ultimately if I don't that's fine too. As long as I get to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength I'll be happy! Missions really do change you!
>
> I hope y'all have a fantastic week and grow spiritually and any other way you want to grow! HA HA! I look forward to hearing from you. Peace till next week!
> Elder Grandon
> 1&2.) A street we found while working the list
> 3.) A member gave us purple potatoes for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment