Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Jan 14

>
> This week was a little weird. We had Exchanges this week with Mesa Ridge. I stayed here with Elder Ryan and Elders Morrill and Westwood went with Elder Marin in Mesa Ridge. I love that man Elder Ryan. He's so insightful and loves what he does. We were out tracting and we started talking to some construction workers. They kind of view us off because they didn't really know enough English to talk to us, so Elder Ryan just starts talking in spanish to them. He figured out they they all live in the Springs and that they get paid 1,000 per job! That mans Elder Ryan, What a guy!
>
> While on exchanges we talked a lot about how to hand this area off. I've been on Fountain for 6 months so I'm feeling like I'm gonna ship out soon. For the majority of this transfer I've been planning the days and where we're going to tract and basically everything. So we came up with the idea that each day we would take turns planning out the day and everything else so they can learn the area. We only have 2 weeks till transfers but I know, with a little help, that they'll know the area enough to take over when/if I leave. So far it's worked pretty good. They have slowly learned the area and are becoming more and more confident with approaches and talking to people. They'll do great when I'm gone.
>
> So Friday we had dinner with the Haywood's. They always come through with the bangin food and always have a lot of It! After dinner I shared a message. It was on Faith. I used the passage Alma 32: 28-30, this is where faith is compared to a seed. Then after explaining it deeper, I shared Hebrews 11:6. Then I asked how you've seen the gospel(or seed) grow and bless your lives. I really liked Bro. Haywood's response. He said something like... "The biggest blessing I've seen is peace. With the world straying further and further away from God and his plan for us, his gospel, has brought peace into my house, my children, my family and myself." After he said that I bore my testimony on Faith and the blessings it can bring us and then departed in prayer. I love this gospel. It really has changed my life and the lives of my friends and family. It will truly bring you closer to God and his son.
>
> That's really all I got this week! I look forward to hearing from you guys! I hope y'all have a fantastic week and if you don't... change your attitude and have a fantastic week! HA HA HA! Till next week!
> Elder Grandon

No comments:

Post a Comment