Monday, October 1, 2018

Fwd: Pour out blessings, Fountain

>
> This week I was probably one of the best weeks I've ever had on my mission. I saw so many miracles this week.
>
> Firstly, my faith in praying was really strengthened on Sunday. We were on out way to see a referral named John. We typed in his address and started to follow it. We were low on gas but according to the "miles left" thing on the dashboard we had 20 left. His house was only 8 miles away. If you do some quick math you know that round trip we had... more than enough to get there and back. There was only one problem, the address we got led us to a tree next to the highway. So obviously that wasn't right. Instead of turning back we decided to drive farther because his house must be around there somewhere. It wasn't! So there we were, 15 miles away from the closest gas station. We were in the middle of nowhere with about 10 miles left. We decided to pull over and say a prayer. After the "amens" were said we started driving back. About halfway back I look over at the dash and the miles estimator is "--" We were literally driving with nothing in the tank, but somehow about 5mins later we rolled into a gas station. The most used saying in this area since then is "the Lord provides a way". So true!
>
> Well My man Richard got a truck this week! Ever since we'd been meeting with him, he's told us he would be getting a truck. He got his truck for $750! I know what you're thinking... this truck must be ready to fall apart any second, it's actually in super good condition for being like 20 years old. It is in better condition than some trucks from a couple years ago, and it's pretty cool too.
>
> We found 3 new families to teach this week! Which is incredible for Fountain. The McBeth family, The Peeta family, and the Allen family! The Mcbeth family had been Southern Baptist like their whole life but for the past like 5 or 6 years they had been bouncing from one religion to the other and none of them seemed to fit them. While we were talking to them they agreed with like everything we had said. They said that Mormonism might be the one!!!!!! Just talking about them makes my heart race. If we baptize that family that's like 7 new people to our ward. A lot of dunking. HA HA HA! The Peeta and Allen families were in a very similar situation to each other. Both of them were Christians but couldn't find the right church for them. We invited them to come to our church AND THEY ACTUALLY CAME! It was our primary program this week and they both seemed to really enjoy that. so hopefully that hooked them. We'll talk to them this week and see if it did.
>
> Well that's it for this week. This week Elder Peel challenged me to keep track of how much I've changed, and compared to my first week, I can see that I've changed spiritually SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! I hope everything for you is going great!
>
> Till Next Week,
> Elder Grandon

No comments:

Post a Comment